Flaming Skull Wrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Flaming Skull Wrestling

Flaming Skull Wrestling is a federation in the game TWG.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

(EVERYONE READ!) How to handle Linda Lopez...

Go down 
+4
Strygwyr
Beerserker
sansiro
Michael_Savage
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Michael_Savage
FSW Wrestler
FSW Wrestler
Michael_Savage

(EVERYONE READ!) How to handle Linda Lopez... Empty
PostSubject: (EVERYONE READ!) How to handle Linda Lopez...   (EVERYONE READ!) How to handle Linda Lopez... Icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2011 7:08 pm

Ok everyone, listen up! This is MICHAEL SAVAGE again! I won't lie...not all is good in the Savage Land....mostly because of some botched RP's with the main interviewer, Linda Lopez. I'm not pointing fingers, I myself am guilty of this. But I'm hoping with these ideas we won't repeat the same mistakes we made last season with Linda.

First....

1) Linda Lopez, Cub Reporter

ex- This is Linda Lopez backstage, and-wait, here's Michael Savage! Michael, can I have a minute? Michael, can I have an interview?- quick, camera, follow him!-...

Ok, we've ALL read this roleplay. We're treating Lopez like April O'Neal, News reporter- someone running around, trying to get the news...This doesn't happen in wrestling. In wrestling, there are scheduled INTERVIEWS that the interviewer gives to the wrestlers. She doesn't need to track them down, hunt them, stalk them, and bully them into a tv segment. A wrestler knows before hand that he/she will be interviewed. He/she knows when it will happen. So instead of having her chase someone down like an episode of cops, just start it simple-

ex- This is Linda Lopez LIVE and my guest tonight is....

And speaking of interviews....

2) The two faces of Linda (or how to be fired from your job)...

ex- Linda- Gangsta, do you have time for an interview?
Gangsta- Anything...for a beautiful woman.
Linda Blushes....

Linda- Univers, do you have time for an interview?
Univers- Anything...for a beautiful woman.
Linda Blushes....

Linda- Michael, do you have time-
Michael- WOMAN! WOMAN HERE! (begins to dry hump Linda)
Linda- Help! Security!

OK, guys, seriously. I KNOW TWG is populated by young males between 12-18...BUT COME ON HERE! We know that Linda is a woman. We don't need every male face wrestler hitting on the interviewer. Really think on it- MOST wrestlers do NOT hit on female workers. The only ones I can think of that hit on a woman did it because it was PART of their character. You may not think it's a big deal, but their are an average of twenty RP's a show. If TEN are face, then that's TEN TIMES Linda is hit on. She could sue for sexual harrassment easily. Or at least STOP blushing everytime; I mean, she's heard it all before...

Linda- Freddie, do you have time for an interview?

Freddie- Anything...for a beautiful-

Linda (interupting)- Yeah, yeah, I'm beautiful. Do all you wrestlers use the same pick-up lines? Hit on anything that talks to you? One more word and I'm going to SUE your ass...

And THAT'S just faces. Heels do something far worse....

STOP. HITTING. THE. INTERVIEWERS.

NO ONE should hit a non-wrestler, UNLESS it's part of an angle. Even then, it should SPARINGLY be done. Thinking back, I can only remember TWO TIMES an interviewer was attacked in WWE, and they BOTH occured around 1999-2000. But yet FSW wrestlers treat them like their personal punching bag. Off the top of my head, the first episode Jess Grim threw a knife at Linda, Beerserker backhanded her, someone ELSE threatened her...that doesn't happen. In a 'real' wrestling business, any of those would get you fired. Hitting someone is a CHEAP HEAT trick, one unworthy for a FSW superstar. If you want an example of how a heel can treat an interviewer, read NaRa's RP. Cool, distant, almost with disdain, like he BARELY tolerated her presence. But also, THAT'S NaRas character. How you handle the interviewer is up to you.

So, Kiddies, what did we learn here?

1)Linda shouldn't be running around to get an interview

2)Faces- STOP HITTING ON LINDA!

3)Heels- STOP HITTING LINDA!

There. I hope my mini-rant helped people. Thank you for your time.
Back to top Go down
sansiro
FSW Wrestler
FSW Wrestler
sansiro

PostSubject: Re: (EVERYONE READ!) How to handle Linda Lopez...   (EVERYONE READ!) How to handle Linda Lopez... Icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2011 10:38 pm

Linda- Michael, do you have time-
Michael- WOMAN! WOMAN HERE! (begins to dry hump Linda)
Linda- Help! Security!

You are just amazing michael
Back to top Go down
Beerserker
FSW Wrestler
FSW Wrestler
Beerserker

PostSubject: Re: (EVERYONE READ!) How to handle Linda Lopez...   (EVERYONE READ!) How to handle Linda Lopez... Icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 8:01 am

Michael_Savage wrote:
Linda (interupting)- Yeah, yeah, I'm beautiful. Do all you wrestlers use the same pick-up lines? Hit on anything that talks to you? One more word and I'm going to SUE your ass...

Hahaha^^ Awesome :p And true at the same time...
Back to top Go down
Strygwyr
FSW New Generation
FSW New Generation
Strygwyr

PostSubject: Re: (EVERYONE READ!) How to handle Linda Lopez...   (EVERYONE READ!) How to handle Linda Lopez... Icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 11:53 am

this will topic helps a lot on making more mature rps especially on my boring rps Wink
Back to top Go down
VoodooLord
FSW Wrestler
FSW Wrestler
VoodooLord

PostSubject: Re: (EVERYONE READ!) How to handle Linda Lopez...   (EVERYONE READ!) How to handle Linda Lopez... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 10:53 am

hmmm, I think I am going to have to disagree Mr Savage regarding some of the points you are making, but first I will show the area I think you are correct

Hitting on Linda Lopez: Yes this is over done, (though in reality wwe and tna just try to use female interviewers as ey candy rather than for interviewing). It may be part of someones gimmick to be a ladies man (face) or an arrogant guy(heel) with her, but not everyone.

This could be improved by having a bit more background for her, ie serious sports presentor? wrestling fan? or just a job untill something better comes along? this would result in more varied reactions from her.

And now comes the part where our opinions differ slightly

1) Interviews: Yes you are correct in that there are interview slots, but you have missed the fact there are different types of interviews. The mistake is that we only use a limited amount of them, and not always the best suited.
So here goes a basic list:
1) Backstage interview segment (organised, so no chasing around, wrestler most likely in wrestling gear, about to give a promo)
2) Unexpected event (so yes she may be chasing wrestler for a few words, this will occur after events such as unprovoked attacks)
3) Arrival interviews (no chasing as Linda would be waiting for arrival, this would be either in carpack, or near locker rooms, again if a promo has been suggesting a big announcement, or for reaction to an announcement)
4) Pre-recoreded interviews (seat down interviews, wrestler may be dressed normal or wrestling gear- locations can vary)
5) In ring interview (rare, but can be after a big match, championship win, etc)
6) Events (less of an interview, more when "something" has happened backstage and they are rushing to get camera there)

This is only a short list of different interviews

Staff being attacked:
Again sorry about this but there have been examples of interviewers and other staff being attacked ( poor josh matthews in WWE has taken a couple of beatdowns that did not involve matches, spanish commentors in tna also, and if you include other staff the list gets longer)
However I agree we should not hit linda, as the one thing all this events have in common is that it is always attacks on the same gender, so threaten maybe, but never hit. if you really need to hit someone, then take out a random security guard (fairly common this happens)

Anyway this is just my opinion on the matter
Back to top Go down
Michael_Savage
FSW Wrestler
FSW Wrestler
Michael_Savage

PostSubject: Re: (EVERYONE READ!) How to handle Linda Lopez...   (EVERYONE READ!) How to handle Linda Lopez... Icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2011 1:44 am

I agree with you about the interviews, Lord. I actually thought about it as I was writing, but I was on a roll and didn't want to stop. I KNEW if I added something about the different interviews then I'd go off on a tangent, then ANOTHER tangent, until the post was 10 pages long and made no sense Laughing

Hmmm...random ly attacking security? Beating up announcers? I don't watch TNA so I can't vouch for them, but really THINK about the WWE...Matthews hasn't been attacked since the 'Nexus' angle. The Spanish announce table? Eh...I'd have to say it doesn't count. No one has attacked a Spanish ANNOUNCER, and we're talking about people.

OK, Mr. Voodoo lord, I challenge you...when was the last time a NON-wrestler, who DIDN'T interfere in a match, got attacked? Last I can think of was Cole, and he doesn't count because 1) it was his gimmick and 2) it wsa setting up a match. If you can mention a 'recent' attack, then I will write an RP where you punk me out. However, if you CAN'T, then I get to write an RP where I attack you. Deal? Twisted Evil

UPDATE- Actually the last time was Truth vs Cena, Truth attacking the 'little Jimmy', but once again that was 2 months ago and was part of the plot. The challenge still stands.
Back to top Go down
Beerserker
FSW Wrestler
FSW Wrestler
Beerserker

PostSubject: Re: (EVERYONE READ!) How to handle Linda Lopez...   (EVERYONE READ!) How to handle Linda Lopez... Icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2011 8:35 am

Okay Michael, this never happens in WWE...

But isn't it what we are all looking for? Have ideas and make things that have never been done before? We never saw a crucifix match on WWE either.... But hell it was great on HWA! Wasn't it?

Of course we shouldnt abuse and I agree with most of the things you said in your first post, but I think "you never see it on Raw or Smackdown" isn't a good argument Smile
Back to top Go down
MaXx "Henlar's Good Mate"
FSW Wrestler
FSW Wrestler
MaXx

Location : I actually live with Henlar, but of course... He doesn't know yet.

PostSubject: Re: (EVERYONE READ!) How to handle Linda Lopez...   (EVERYONE READ!) How to handle Linda Lopez... Icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2011 8:54 am

Hopefully Linda will be able to do his job correctly now xD
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: (EVERYONE READ!) How to handle Linda Lopez...   (EVERYONE READ!) How to handle Linda Lopez... Icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2011 9:04 am

Josh Matthews got stunned by SCSA at WM27, and who can forget the part where Mark Henry sends the audio guy flying Very Happy

So yeah, attacking staff happens more often then you'd think, but it shouldn't be done each show.
Back to top Go down
Gangsta'
FSW Legend
FSW Legend
Gangsta'

PostSubject: Re: (EVERYONE READ!) How to handle Linda Lopez...   (EVERYONE READ!) How to handle Linda Lopez... Icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2011 10:24 am

VGM MaXx Ouellet wrote:
Hopefully Linda will be able to do his job correctly now xD

EPIC FAIL!
Back to top Go down
MaXx "Henlar's Good Mate"
FSW Wrestler
FSW Wrestler
MaXx

Location : I actually live with Henlar, but of course... He doesn't know yet.

PostSubject: Re: (EVERYONE READ!) How to handle Linda Lopez...   (EVERYONE READ!) How to handle Linda Lopez... Icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2011 4:04 pm

oh crap, HER job.

Sorry Hen I know it was our secret but.... Damn !
Back to top Go down
Michael_Savage
FSW Wrestler
FSW Wrestler
Michael_Savage

PostSubject: Re: (EVERYONE READ!) How to handle Linda Lopez...   (EVERYONE READ!) How to handle Linda Lopez... Icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2011 5:05 pm

My argument isn't that 'If WWE doesn't do it, niether should we'. My argument is that it makes NO SENSE.

Everybody, no offense, takes the small picture. 'Well, I'm going to do this and this with my character'. They don't take into consideration that there are 40 DIFFERENT GUYS ALL SAYING THE EXACT SAME THING. THE EXACT SAME THING ON THE EXACT SAME SHOW. lol.

Ok, great, you're a badass and take out security. Good for you. Keeps the fans interested, right? Except they saw it on the PREVIOUS segment with Savage...then they see it AGAIN with Clown X...then SANSIRO takes out security...etc. THAT'S my point. I brought that up with people hitting on Linda as well...for ONE segment that's ok. When we have TWENTY guys all hit on her with the SAME lines and she has the SAME reaction...geez...

The point is that people are doing the exact same thing for dmataic affect. that's one of the reasons that I'm trying to change the TOP 10 for RP's...it will encourage people to STOP being the same.

I mean, look at season 1 of FSW...we ALL had the same idea of being the anti-authority figure. Savage, Beerserker, Sansiro, MaXx...luckily they were all talented writers and handled it a little differently, but STILL; can you imagine how screwy that would be if it wasn't handled properly?

I am a die-hard ECW fan (the ORIGINAL) and even THEY didn't go around beating up security every five minutes. Why? Shock value, plain and simple. Once is cool. Twice is a story. Three or more...eh, this is boring, what else is on...

BTW Thank you Elrics for proving my point; citing Josh Matthews was stunned at WM; you know, SIX MONTHS ago...like I said, it doesn't happen every day, three times a day...
Back to top Go down
Beerserker
FSW Wrestler
FSW Wrestler
Beerserker

PostSubject: Re: (EVERYONE READ!) How to handle Linda Lopez...   (EVERYONE READ!) How to handle Linda Lopez... Icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2011 5:16 pm

... Got to admit you're right..
Back to top Go down
GM Henlar
FSW Legend
FSW Legend
GM Henlar

PostSubject: Re: (EVERYONE READ!) How to handle Linda Lopez...   (EVERYONE READ!) How to handle Linda Lopez... Icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2011 5:52 pm

the first thing that i have to say is... i really love that you all are discussing this matter lol

second, there is a rule that says that you can use everyone from the staff. BUT IF YOU WANT TO ATTACK THEM YOU HAVE TO ASK ME!

I can't remember someone asking me about attacking Linda or Scott or anyone.

I am agree with what michael and voodoo put here.

It's a thing to make the show have sense. That's what i require as an 'at least' to put your roleplay in the show.
Back to top Go down
https://flamingsw.forumotion.com
VoodooLord
FSW Wrestler
FSW Wrestler
VoodooLord

PostSubject: Re: (EVERYONE READ!) How to handle Linda Lopez...   (EVERYONE READ!) How to handle Linda Lopez... Icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2011 10:55 pm

Michael_Savage wrote:

NO ONE should hit a non-wrestler, UNLESS it's part of an angle. Even then, it should SPARINGLY be done. Thinking back, I can only remember TWO TIMES an interviewer was attacked in WWE, and they BOTH occured around 1999-2000.

The above is just an explanation of why I said it does happen more than you think, and not always as storyline for plot, it happens 4-6 times a year, more if you include other staff, but I do agree with you Michael about how we dont plan our ideas around the big picture, just our own little sections, and I meant no disrespect to you when I commented.

As for your challenge I will point you in direction of Mark Henry in wwe, and within last 3 months in tna- mexican america (faction) called spanish announcer (willie i think he is called)to ring for celebration, then beat him up- again this did not lead to any plot. Previously this year we have also had the regular eric bishoff beats up a ref(you know the one, he puts his karate gi on and looks stupid). I think it must be in Josh Matthews contract he gets beat up once every year (so due to happen soon for 2011). However it does not fit my character to punk you out in an rp, but if you could please read new blood part 2, I do talk about you, so just let me know what you think, and you can still beat me if you want Laughing

Now to get this back on track and I think to the points you were trying to make (may have got lost slightly in mini rant)

1) We ALL (includes me) need to consider if our rps suit our gimmicks, make us stand out and give a varied show

2) NO ONE ATTACKS LINDA- threaten maybe, attack no. Also have less random attacking of staff, but can still use if suits build up

3) Consider the bigger picture- we all get caught up in our own feuds, but then act like there are no other wrestlers around. We can reference other wrestlers outside our feuds for example of this see new blood part 1 & 2, where I speak about other FSW wrestlers, but not to challenge them or to feud with them

4) Maybe we should add section to rp tips and rules with variations for different segments, just to help create ideas (such as options for interviews)

And my final observation, we talk about not hitting on Linda Lopez, and yet this post title talks about how to "handle" her Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Michael_Savage
FSW Wrestler
FSW Wrestler
Michael_Savage

PostSubject: Re: (EVERYONE READ!) How to handle Linda Lopez...   (EVERYONE READ!) How to handle Linda Lopez... Icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2011 12:31 am

Ok, you just summed up in your 4 points what I've been trying to say this whole thread lol. Thank you; I was having trouble finding the words and you said it more eloquently then I have been.

'Handling' Linda...ummm....you know, I was WAITING for someone to call me out on that? I couldn't figure out how to phrase it (a reoccuring problem in this thread) so I just put 'any old thing'.

Like I said, I don't watch TNA, so I was figuring that, since I made a bet, there's be a TON of them that's happened recently Laughing . Well, I'm loud and arrogant but a man of my word, so feel free to use me in an RP however you see fit (IN CHARACTER; please no womens lengerie).

Last, you mentioned no disrespect. Bro, no worries; this is FSW and ya'll are my brothers. Never apologise for disagreeing with me or voicing your opinion; I think I've only blown up at two wrestlers in my career and it both involved cases of someone disrespecting someone else. I don't take offense at criticism directed at me; it just fuels my anti-establishment rants as Michael Savage Cool

I'm glad that SOME helpful info was gotten from my late night, whiskey fueled rant.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: (EVERYONE READ!) How to handle Linda Lopez...   (EVERYONE READ!) How to handle Linda Lopez... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

(EVERYONE READ!) How to handle Linda Lopez...
Page 1 of 1